Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo has stated that he will not stop criticizing President Muhammadu Buhari because he is his boss.
Obasanjo made this statement in response to the Alake of Egba land who said:
“At 82 years of age, I think you should keep your sword more rather than use it always.
“If I say anybody in government in Nigeria or any government for that matter is not doing well, let that government prove that it is well. It’s not anything personal.
“So, Kabiyesi (referring to Alake of Egbaland) your boss, Buhari; there is nothing personal between me and him. Just as he is your boss, I am his boss, with all due respect.
“Now, the point is that I have been in that position longer than any Nigerian will ever be there. That’s true. If any Nigerian comes in and have two terms, he will not have almost four years of military rule. So, I have been there longer than any Nigerian would ever be there.
“So, when I say something, I know what I am talking about. Kabiyesi (Alake) anytime you say, “leave my boss alone,” I say “he is your boss”. But I am also his (Buhari) boss. So, you might also ask your boss (Buhari) to leave his boss alone or do what isq right that his boss wants him to do.”
The duo made this known at the 82nd birthday anniversary celebration of Obasanjo held at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) in Abeokuta.
- Federal government should take over Obasanjo’s presidential library – Sagay
- Have pillow-talk with your husband on Nigeria’s problems – Obasanjo tells Aisha Buhari
- Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is celebrating his 82nd birthday today
- APC reacts to Obasanjo’s attack on Buhari, FG
- Obasanjo and President Buhari meet in Senegal (Photos)