R. Kelly has just been released from jail after paying his outstanding child support of over $161,633.
The singer paid the $161,633 he owes to ex-wife, Drea Kelly, and was released Saturday morning from Cook County Jail.
As he stepped out from Cook County Jail, Kelly said,
“I promise we’re gonna straighten all this out. That’s all I can say right now. I love my fans.”
Sources connected to the singer told TMZ he scraped together the money with help from a “benefactor.”
As we earlier reported, R. Kelly was arrested Wednesday when he missed the deadline to settle up his back child support. During his CBS interview, he blamed his ex for his failure to pay her, claiming her “lies” about abuse are the reason he can’t make any money.
He also claims he’s trying to reconnect with his 3 kids, though sources close to the situation say that he hasn’t even reached out to his family in nearly 2 years.
R. Kelly is still facing 10 counts of aggravated sexual abuse in Chicago, multiple federal investigations and new sexual misconduct allegations in Detroit.
- R. Kelly fears he won’t get a fair trial – ‘I can’t survive trial. The World hates me’
- R Kelly to start writing new songs to help avoid mental breakdown
- R.Kelly reportedly ate the best meal in jail over the weekend
- R. Kelly Charged With 11 New Counts of Sexual Abuse
- R. Kelly Ex-wife claims he tried to control her by withholding child support