Reports coming in have indicated that armed thugs have reportedly snatched ballot boxes in Abonnema community of Rivers State.
The incident happened moments after voters in the community started exercising their rights in the on-going governorship and House of Assembly elections.
Suspected thugs snatch ballot boxes in Abonnema community Rivers
According to reports, the incidents occured in Wards 5, 6, 7, 10, 11 and 12.
The situation has sent panic across the coastal town.
If you recall, 3 soldiers were killed by gunmen in the Abonnema community in Rivers State in the previous election conducted in the state.
In a fear of reprisal attack from the military, about 5,000 members of the community have fled, which spurred that traditional ruler Alabo Tonye Douglas to apologize on behalf of his people and seek for forgiveness from the Army.
- 10 ballot boxes snatchers nabbed in Abia State
- Corps members run for thier Lives as gunmen invade polling unit in Rivers
- #NigeriaDecides2019: Corps member killed in Rivers state
- Man’s corpse found in Rivers State after bleeding to death
- INEC to reschedule elections in Some Parts of Lagos, Rivers, Anambra