Over an alleged vote buying, operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal office, have arrested one Sotayo Olatayo Johnson, a contestant for the State House of Assembly in Ogun State.
Vote Buying House of Assembly contestant arrested in Ogun
According to a statement released by the anti-graft agency, Johnson was arrested at Ijaye Park Polling Unit in Abeokuta, Ogun State and he was caught with lots of cash stuffed in envelops stashed in carrier bags.
EFCC had earlier reported that a man arrested for alleged vote buying in Benue State was working for the All Progressive Congress in the state.
At North Bank Area, Makurdi, a man was caught with large bags containing lots of money. While trying to arrest him, officers of the Commission were attacked and vehicles vandalised. Information gathered confirms that the money allegedly belongs to Emmanuel Jimeh, the gubernatorial candidate of the APC in Benue state.
- #ElectionDay: EFCC arrest man for vote buying in Kwara State
- EFCC arrests 24 suspects for internet fraud in Kwara
- Pastor arrested for alleged N28 million fraud in Bauchi
- EFCC Arrests Kwara Lawmaker-elect Over N26m Property Fraud
- Two fake EFCC staff arrested, another one jailed