Honourable Ezekiel Afon, a House of Assembly candidate of the All progressives Congress (APC), has died just hour after winning the election in his constituency
According to Voice of Nigeria (VON), Hon. Afon died few hours after winning the seat for the Pengana Constituency into the Plateau State House of Assembly.
Ezekiel Afon, APC lawmaker-elect in Plateau dies hours after winning
He was said to be ill before the election and died on a day that should have been one for celebrating his win.
Secretary of the All Progressive Congress in the state, Mr. Bashir Sati, confirmed the lawmaker’s death on Sunday in Jos.
According to Sati, Afon died Sunday afternoon after a brief illness.
“It is unfortunate that we lost Afon, one of the most dedicated members of our party and a committed lawmaker just after he was declared winner to occupy his seat again.
“Though he has been sick for a while but we received the news of his demise with rude shock,” he said.
- BREAKING: APC Lawmaker-Elect Dies In Plateau Hours After Election Victory
- 33-year-old student, Abok Ayuba emerges Plateau Assembly Speaker
- 32-year-old Adebo Ogundoyin emerges Oyo Assembly Speaker
- APC sweeps Lagos House of Assembly
- Gov. Ganduje Signs A bill To Reduce Emir Sanusi’s influence (Read Full Details)