Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Roc Nation
GLAAD announced Monday that the superstar couple will be receiving the Vanguard Award at the upcoming ceremony in Los Angeles for their LGBTQ allyship. The honor is awarded to allies who have made a significant difference in promoting acceptance of LGBTQ people.
“Beyoncé and Jay-Z are global icons and passionate defenders of human rights and acceptance for all people,” GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said Monday. “When Beyoncé and Jay-Z speak, the world becomes inspired and when it comes to LGBTQ people, their voices of acceptance have been heard loud and clear.”
Ceremonies will be taking place in both Los Angeles (March 28) and New York City (May 4) this year. Ross Mathews will return as host of the Los Angeles event, held at the Beverly Hilton, where Sean Hayes will receive the Stephen F. Kolzak Award. Madonna is set to receive the Advocate for Change Award at New York City ceremony.
Take a look at the complete list of nominees for the GLAAD Media Awards HERE!
- Jay-Z Praises “Strong Women” in His Life While Accepting NAACP Award
- Gideon Okeke Condemns Same-Sex Marriage
- Spike Lee extremely excited as he wins at 2019 Oscar Awards
- February 6th has been declared as Bob Marley Day by Toronto
- #VGMA20: Video of Stonebwoy handcuffed after pulling out gun at Award