The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared incumbent governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, as winner of the Kaduna governorship election
Elections were held in the 23 local governments of the state on Saturday. The election was contested by 38 governorship candidates.
El-Rufai wins Kaduna governorship election
After a collation that lasted two days, Mr El-Rufai was declared winner by Prof. Muhammed Bello, the state collation officer.
He defeated his closest rival with a margin of 231, 259 votes.
Mr Bello said the incumbent governor polled a total votes of 1, 045, 427.
His closest rival, Isa Ashiru of the Peoples Democratic Party garnered a total votes of 814, 168.
“That Nasir El-Rufai of the APC having satisfied the requirements of the law and having scored the highest number of votes is hereby returned and elected,” Mr Bello said.
- PDP’s Bala Mohammed wins Bauchi governorship poll
- #OsunTribunal: PDP’s Adeleke declared winner of governorship election
- APC sweeps Lagos House of Assembly
- Tambuwal wins Sokoto Governorship poll
- PDP takes lead in Kano State governorship election