A Nigerian soldier has been compelled by a truck driver and his colleagues to pay him a sum of N100,000 after damaging his tyre.
The incident reportedly happened on Thursday at the border town between Benue and Nsukka, Enugu. The soldier had shot the tyre of a petrol tanker because the driver wouldn’t give him bribe.
Man forces soldier to pay N100K for damaging his tyre
However, the driver angrily steered his tanker across the road and blocked other road users. In solidarity, the victim’s friends also drove up with their trailers and blocked the entire road, stopping all movements in or out of Enugu.
The driver then went ahead to demand for N120k for his damaged tyre. Soon, an array of policemen arrived to intimidate him, but he stood his ground.
Eventually, the driver reduced his demand to N100k after so much pleading and the soldier made a bank transfer to him.
- Man cheats death as detached Tyre from incoming vehicle misses him
- Tragedy as Container falls on car in Mile 2, crushes driver (Photo)
- Soldier assaults Keke Rider at Yaba for allegedly ignoring him
- Residents injured after tanker explodes in Ekiti (Photos)
- Tanker explosion leaves 3 persons dead & several vehicles burnt in front of Ojo Barracks