Abba Kabir Yusuf, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Kano State has taken the lead as the results of Saturday’s governorship election from 43 out of the 44 LGAs in the state were presented.
The results were presented by the INEC Returning Officer at the state collation centre early Monday.
The election is keenly contested by Abba Kabir Yusuf of the PDP and the incumbent governor and candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.
Currently, PDP polled 951,531 votes as against APC’s 935,451 votes. Thus, the party is leading and coasting to victory with a margin of 16,080 votes in the state.
- Ganduje declared winner of supplementary governorship election in Kano
- BREAKING: After 14 LGs, Buhari Leading Atiku In Lagos By Almost 70,000 Votes
- #OsunTribunal: PDP’s Adeleke declared winner of governorship election
- INEC declares Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq winner of Kwara gov election
- Five Killed, Vehicles Burnt As PDP, APC Supporters Clash In Kano