A woman has been severely injured after she decided to climb a barrier near the enclosure of a jaguar to take pictures in a zoo she visited in Arizona.
While she was busy taking pictures for the gram, the jaguar took a swipe at her which left her bleeding heavily.
The woman could be seen lying on the ground and in pains according to pictures taking by a witness.
Zoo officials acknowledged the incident in a statement:
“We regret to inform that this evening, before closing there was an incident reported involving a guest, who crossed over the barrier to get a photo, according to eye witnesses.
“The visitor sustained non-life threatening injuries to their arm from one of our female jaguars. At the request of the family, paramedics were called. At no time was the animal out of its enclosure. The incident is being fully investigated.”
According to Zoo director Mickey Ollson, this is the second time in a month that the jaguar has swiped at a visitor.
- Woman mauled by Jaguar while trying to take selfie
- #NigeriaDecides2019: Woman stabbed in the face at polling unit in Osun
- Young man crushed to death on his way to buy alcohol
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Eid-el-Fitr Auto Crashes Record About 20 Casualties
- See Photos of Several APC members Killed in an accident during campaign rally in Festac, Lagos