A woman has been caught by the Nigerian Prisons Services officials, NPS, while trying to smuggle Indian hemp into Ikoyi Prisons.
The woman’s husband is an inmate at the facility, so she attempted to take advantage of humanitarian service providers and inmates’ relations’ visit, during which people are allowed to bring in things for inmates.
Woman caught trying to smuggle Indian hemp into Ikoyi Prisons
The woman allegedly concealed the illicit drug, which weighed about 930 grammes, in four big tomato tins. She was caught when officials at the gate insisted on a thorough check of every item brought into the prison.
When the tomato tins were opened, Indian hemp, a phone, and a sim card were discovered.
The Deputy Controller of Prisons (DCP), Ikoyi Prisons, Tolu Ogunsakin, has begun an investigation to determine if the woman’s husband was involved in the matter.
Lagos State Controller of Prisons (CP) Tunde Ladipo told The Nation that the suspect would not escape justice.
He expressed surprise that a woman, under the guise of humanitarian service, could attempt to smuggle Indian hemp into the prison.
Ladipo said the prison was not taking the matter lightly, adding that those found culpable will not be spared. He also revealed that the woman has been handed over to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).
- Indian hemp: Lady arrested while trying to smuggle 39 wraps into Kano prison
- Sisters caught attempting to smuggle drugs into Kuje prison
- Man arrested by prison officials for smuggling cannabis into Abuja prison
- Sharia Court To Cut Off Hands And Legs Of 10, Stone 5 To Death In Bauchi
- The real reason Naira Marley is still in Ikoyi prison revealed!