Delta, in a statement, said local medical professionals met the plane upon arrival and confirmed the passenger had sadly passed away.
“Delta extends its deepest condolences to the family at this sad time. As a matter of passenger privacy, Delta will not release additional information,” the statement read in part.
The passenger died in the airplane during the about 12 hours flight between the carrier’s base in Atlanta in the United States and Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.
Sources closed to the airline said it is unprofessional to disclose the identity of the passenger without informing the family, a news source reports.
The onboard doctor was alleged to have said:
“The passenger was in a confused state, and could only say his first name (Felix) before he collapsed and was confirmed dead at 8:17a.m. in flight.”
- Pictures from Ethiopian Airlines plane crash
- Nigerian drug baron in Kenya deported for the 2nd time
- My Experience On Ethiopian Airline That Nearly Crashed In Lagos — Ex-President Obasanjo
- Saudi Airline plane turns around as woman forgets baby at airport
- Passenger ‘trying to strangle woman’ on plane collapses and dies