Singer Simi has revealed that she once had a gun pointed at her and her friends by a police officer simply because one of them laughed.
The singer made this known in reaction to the increased complaint about police brutality in Nigeria.
Recall that she once narrated her ordeal with the police when she bagged an ambassadorial deal with the Constitutional Rights Awareness and Liberty Initiative.
“The last one was pretty dramatic and emotionally traumatic,” the singer said. “This is why it is important for everyone to know their rights. “I have had several human right infringements. Not too long ago, I had a situation with the police force and it wasn’t a pretty picture,” Simi said.
- Stop buying our music – Simi to Yahoo boys
- Simi’s fans allegedly send death threat to Adetutu OJ
- Nigerian Singer Olamide advises Nigerians over police issues
- Yahoo-Yahoo is not a crime – Naira Marley
- The world is laughing at us – Simi on Yahoo boys