Spokesperson of the 2019 Buhari campaign organization, Festus Keyamo, has stated that WAEC is not a prerequisite to becoming the president of Nigeria.
Festus Keyamo made this known while speaking on Channels Television where the issue of President Muhammadu Buhari’s WAEC certificate was discussed.
Responding to the discussion, he said:
“There are other levels of qualifications to run for the office of President. In fact, if you have occupied the public office for a reasonable length of time, by the provisions of the constitution, you do not even need a WAEC certificate to become President of Nigeria”.
Later on Twitter, the lawyer further buttressed his point:
“Yes. Section 318 of the 1999 Constitution defines “School Certificate or its equivalent” to mean primary 6 School Leaving Certificate plus the ability to just speak, write, understand and communicate in English language to the satisfaction of INEC. No WAEC certificate is needed”.
- Jesus and Muhammad also had memory loss like Buhari — Keyamo
- Presidency: Buhari Has Done Nothing Wrong By Travelling To London
- President Buhari Dragged To Court For Refusing To Handover To Osinbajo
- Buhari sworn in for 2nd term (Video)
- WAEC releases 2019 January/February result (Details)