The Inspector General of PolicePolice, IGP Mohammed Adamu has stated that any policeman found guilty of abuse will be dismissed.
The IGP made this known during his official visit to Lagos State on Monday, where he expressed his condolences to the bereaved families of the victims of the misuse of firearms in the state.
According to the IGP, the supervisors of such officer, including the Area Commander, Divisional Police Officer or Sectional Head, would be sanctioned for lacking supervision.
Adamu made it clear that the recent abuse of power by some police officers in the state was against the statutory provisions of the Nigeria Police Force. He also maintained that there will be dismissal of any policeman found guilty of power abuse.
- Policeman attacked by mad man in Kwara dies
- Policeman hugs Vigilante member who rescued him from kidnappers
- Pope defrocks Cardinal Theodore McCarrick over sexual abuse allegations
- MC Taproot shares pictures of what a policeman did to him
- Policeman who destroyed student’s expensive phone, arrested