Seven suspected internet fraudsters aka Yahoo boys have been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal office.
The suspects got arrested for offences bordering on conspiracy, possession of fraudulent documents, attempt to obtain money under false pretences and obtaining money under false pretences.
The names of the suspects as seen in a statement from the antigraft agency:
Abdulsalam Toheeb, Salam Sikiru, Abdusalam Rasaq, Azeez Oladimeji, Eniola Mogaji, Alabi Ridwan and Asoroti Oluwaseun.
They were arrested at the Eleganza Estate and Paradise Estate along Lekki/ Ajah area of Lagos, following intelligence report received by the Commission about their activities.
Items recovered from the suspected Internet fraudsters at the point of arrest included: two cars (Honda Crosstour and Toyota Camry) seven laptops and six phones.
The suspects will soon be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
- EFCC arrests 32 suspected Yahoo Boys, some of them hiding inside chairs in Ogun
- Yahoo boys allegedly injure EFCC operative in Abuja during raid
- EFCC busts Yahoo Yahoo training school, arrests proprietor and students
- EFCC Arrests 22 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Delta State
- Police nab three men who specialize in snatching Uber cars