Priscilla Ekwere Eleje has become the first woman in the history of Nigeria to have her signature of the Naira.
Eleje, who has been acting director of currency and operations at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has been confirmed, substantive director of the apex bank.
She is the first female director of currency in the history of the bank, and her signature has been appended on the naira — breaking another glass ceiling.
Ladi Kwali, Nigeria’s foremost potter, is the only woman on the naira, taking a spot at the back of the N20 note.
Every naira note in the country’s history — save the N20 note — has had the face, name, and signature of a man, up until now.
A recently printed 1000 Naira note was shared online and it shows the signature of Mrs Priscilla Ekwere Eleje.
- Nigerian fraudster scammed by lady he wanted to defraud
- Official at Nigerian Embassy in Italy assaults elderly woman who wants to return to Nigeria (Video)
- Dolapo Badmus Shades Naira Marley Following His Arrest
- Daddy Freeze raises fund for airport cleaner who returned millions
- Ubi Franklin forged my signature – Iyanya