Two soldiers, a husband and wife are among the people who lost their lives on Sunday, April 14 after a heavy rain in Ghana.
The bodies of the soldiers were retrieved from the gutters along the Tema Motorway.Soldier couple drown after heavy rain in Ghana
The couple, Staff Sergeant Arthur Jabez and Warrant Officer Sarah Kuadzi were on a military pickup which was involved in an accident at Ashiaman during the rains on Sunday night.
The National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) has confirmed that a total of seven people died on Sunday after three-hours of rain.
NADMO further stated that four of the bodies were retrieved at Adjei Kojo and another one at the Odawna, all in Accra.
Sunday’s rains left many areas in Accra flooded.
- Ghana bus collision: At least 60 killed in horrific crash
- No bodies recovered from Ethiopia Airlines crash site
- Damage caused by heavy rainfall in Lagos today
- 3 Nigerians, 5 Ghanaians arrested for kidnapping 2 Canadians in Ghana
- Yvonne Nelson Cries Out About Underdevelopment In Ghana