Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22 has been declared as Public Holidays in Nigeria, by The Federal Government, to mark the 2019 Easter celebration.
Mrs Georgina Ehuriah, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, announced the holiday in a statement, quoting the minister on Wednesday in Abuja.
FG declares Friday, Monday as public holidays in Nigeria
The Minister of Interior, Lt.- Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau(Rtd), who made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government, enjoined all Christians to emulate the exemplary attributes of Jesus Christ amongst which are tolerance, love and peaceful co-existence.
He urged all Nigerians home and abroad to use the occasion to pray for the peace, unity and progress of our great country, irrespective of diversity in religious beliefs.
Dambazau wished all Nigerians a happy and peaceful Easter celebration.
He further called on them to support the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in its determination to take the country to the next level.
- Federal government ordered re-opening of Nigeria’s borders
- FG declares Friday public holiday
- FFK: I’m glad Obasanjo and Soyinka know about Fulanization agenda
- Daar Communication Boss Raymond Dokpesi calls President Buhari a parasite
- Federal Government abolishes BSc/HND dichotomy