Cardi B tried to pull a Rihanna this year by arriving at the Met Gala in an unforgettable dress.
The 26-year-old rapper walked the Met Gala red carpet in a heavy red gown with a large train that required several men to carry around.
The oxblood gown was made by Thom Browne. It was made from tulle and silk organza and filled with down. The hand-embroidered dress was also decorated with 30,000 feathers. It took 35 people more than 2,000 hours to create.
Speaking about his creation, Thom Browne told Vogue: “‘I designed this dress for Cardi specifically because she has the ultimate beauty in a woman’s body, and that is what the dress is about for me: taking advantage of that beauty.”
Photo credit: Film Magic
Photo Credit: Getty Images
- Lady Gaga wore four outfits to the Met Gala, stripping each outfit off to reveal the next before ending with a risque lingerie
- Kanye West’s jacket to Met Gala 2019 costs $40
- Cardi B’s new fashion line makes over $1 million on first day of sale
- Instagram Comedian Recreates Cardi B’s Outfit To Met Gala 2019
- [PHOTOS] Kim Kardashian Is Taking A Stand On Her First Solo Cover of Vogue Magazine