Rapper Zlatan Ibile and three others he was arrested with have been released from the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
The rapper was released after spending five days in the custody of the commission. However, singer Naira Marley who was the fifth person arrested alongside Zlatan Ibile was left behind.
Report says he was left behind due to some incriminating materials found in his laptop.
Zlatan regained his freedom after his label CEO Davido reportedly hired a Senior Advocate of Nigeria on his behalf. He would however have to report to EFCC whenever he’s needed.
Their arrest was after Naira Marley openly endorsed Yahoo boys and even did a song with Zlatan titled Am I a Yahoo boy with claims that Yahoo Yahoo is a pay back for transatlantic slave trade.
In a statement released, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal office, arrested the two artistes, Afeez Fashola (aka Naira Marley) and Omoniyi Temidayo Raphael (aka Zlatan), in connection with alleged case of internet fraud and money laundering. Intelligence report had also linked them to cybercrime offences.
They were arrested along with: Tiamiu Abdulrahman Kayode aka Rahman Jago, Adewunmi Adeyanju Moses and Abubakar Musa.
- Naira Marley borrowed laptop EFCC found on him – Management
- Davido reportedly un-follows Zlatan Ibile on Instagram
- EFCC returns Zlatan Ibile’s car and phone – Management
- Zlatan Ibile Stopped From Performing At Children’s Day Event Over EFCC Arrest
- EFCC Releases Photos Of Naira Marley, Zlatan and Others In Their Custody