Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Advance Fee Fraud Section, Abuja Headquarters in collaboration with men from the Benin Zonal Office in an operation on Friday 17, 2019 arrested 22 suspected internet fraudsters during an early morning raid at Sapele, Delta State.
Working on intelligence reports, the suspects, who are between the ages of 18 to 30 years, were smoked out from their hideout in an early morning operation.
A day earlier, the operatives from Abuja had arrested two suspected internet fraudster in Ughelli, Delta State.
Items recovered from the suspects include laptop computers, iPhones, phones, ATM cards and three exotic vehicles. The cars are Benz C350, Benz ML 350 and Chrysler 300.
The raid on the internet fraudsters is one in the series by operatives of the Commission in line with the directive of the acting Executive Chairman of the Commission, Ibrahim Magu to rid the entire country of internet fraud and cyber crime.
The suspects have made useful statements and will be charged to court as soon investigations are completed.
- Yahoo boys allegedly injure EFCC operative in Abuja during raid
- EFCC arrests 32 suspected Yahoo Boys, some of them hiding inside chairs in Ogun
- EFCC arrests seven suspected Internet fraudsters in Lagos (Photos)
- EFCC Arrests Seven Suspected Internet Fraudsters in Kaduna
- EFCC busts Yahoo Yahoo training school, arrests proprietor and students