A BRT bus is currently in flames on the third mainland bridge in Lagos state.
A vehicle belonging to a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) service in Lagos, popularly called BRT Bus is currently burning on the third mainland bridge of the state.
According to reports, the blue BRT bus was heading towards Iyana-Oworo caught fire just after Adeniji Adele axis of the bridge.
The cause of the flame is unknown. The Lagos fire service and LASTMA officials are at the scene to put out the fire and also manage the traffic. No casualty has been reported at the time of this report.
The third mainland bridge in Lagos Nigeria is the longest of three bridges connecting Lagos Island to the mainland.
The traffic on the bridge has caused heavy traffic on the road.
In Egypt only a few days ago, there was a bus blast. 17 were reportedly injured as bomb hits tourist bus near Egypt’s Giza Pyramids. The bomb went off on a road near the Grand Egyptian Museum, which is still under construction and not open to tourists. Two sources told Reuters that most of the injuries were foreign tourists, including one person believed to be from South Africa.
- Car currently burning with huge smoke on Third Mainland Bridge Lagos (Video)
- Egypt bus blast: 17 injured as bomb hits tourist bus near Egypt’s Giza Pyramids
- 17 injured as bomb hits tourist bus near Egypt’s Giza Pyramids
- List of Streets to be closed and alternative routes during Lagos Marathon
- Men and Officers of the Federal Fire Service avert disaster at Ojuelegba bridge in Lagos State