Generator fume at a wedding location in Imo State, has left nothing less than 15 persons dead and about 17 other left unconscious.
According to reports, the incident happened over the weekend at Umuomumu Mbieri in Imo State.
Generator fume kills 15 wedding guests in Imo
The victims, who were majorly guests from Anambra State, were said to have decided to pass the night in a house provided by the celebrants. .
A generator was powered on for them and it was placed in the kitchen, while the doors and widows of their rooms were locked, thus allowing the fume to kill some of them.
Reacting to bad news on social media, some Nigerians blamed the erratic power supply across the country as the causative agent of the rather avoidable incident
“One of the bad impacts of not having electricity. Ignorance played a big part in this but if only there was steady power supply. We won’t be having such terrible discussion. Is well” a social media user wrote
And some other blamed the occupants of the building for being ignorant of the dangerous effect of fume from generator on health:
“Nooooooooooooooo, this is ignorance… why would you put generator inside the kitchen 🤦 May we not use our hand to kill ourselves”
- Real Madrid defender,Sergio Ramos snubs Ronaldo as he invited 500 guests for his wedding
- Groom cancels wedding on wedding day
- Fashola was set up to fail as Minister – Davido’s brother, Adewale Adeleke
- Regina Daniel and Ned Nwoko spotted together in public
- TCN Explains Why Nigeria Experienced Nationwide Blackout Since April 25