A helicopter which crash landed into a building in Midtown Manhattan New York has left one person dead today, June 10, 2019.
Smoke seen from the top of the 54-story building forced police to order the evacuation of several structures in the area as a precaution as emergency crews responded to the incident at 787 Seventh Ave just before 1pm.
Speaking about the incidence, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said there is no indication that the crash was intentional.
‘If you are a New Yorker you have a level of PTSD from 9/11. As soon as you hear an aircraft hit a building, my mind goes where the mind of every New Yorker goes ‘ he said.
The helicopter crash didn’t do any significant damage to the building’s structure. The building houses the AXA Equitable Center. Other tenants include BNP Paribas, Stifel, New Mountain Capital, Sidley Austin LLP, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, UBS, and Citigroup.
Details about the person killed in the crash havent been released, also no additional injuries have been reported at this time.
Michaela Dudley, of Hoboken, New Jersey, who was working in the building described feeling “a small tremor”.
“I started hearing the blare of sirens and knew something bad had happened,” the 30-year-old lawyer said.
“There was a flood of sirens outside and an announcement for us to leave the building. I grabbed my backpack and cell phone.
“The stairwell was packed with people trying to get out and so it was a really slow process. We didn’t know what was happening so people were getting a bit panicky.”
- Billionaire Chris Cline, The ‘King Of Coal,’ Among 7 Killed In Bahamas Helicopter Crash
- NAF helicopter crash lands in Katsina on Its way from combat
- Update: Helicopter on Benin expressway ‘picked up stroke victim’ not a ‘big boy’
- 2 married women fighting, reportedly fall from 3-storey building in Onitsha
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Eid-el-Fitr Auto Crashes Record About 20 Casualties