Head of state, President Muhammadu Buhari has assured the nation that security and law enforcement agencies are capable of safeguarding the country, its people and property.
Responding to concerns raised by a delegation of Zamfara Advocacy Group on Monday during an audience at the State House, Abuja, the President said the military and the police have been taking drastic measures to check the activities of some local elements threatening the peace of the communities, including preventing farmers from going to their farms.
“I assure you, I get daily reports from people in the field and traditional rulers. I also meet regularly with the leadership of the security agencies, and they have been directed to deploy their personnel to secure the society,” President Buhari said.
Describing as “unfortunate”, the “failure of local leadership in intelligence-gathering” the President enjoined community and traditional leaders to monitor closely the activities of people in their domain with a view to assisting law enforcement agencies to secure the communities.
Commending the new governor of Zamfara State, Bello Matawalle, for being proactive in addressing the security challenges, the President urged royal fathers to go back to their cultural roles.
- Zamfara Attacks: President Buhari Streamlines Security In North West
- Zamfara Governor is the most useless in Nigeria – Kadaria Ahmed
- FG bans mining activities in Zamfara State
- Insecurity: Buhari No Longer Goes Beyond Issuing Condemnation – PDP
- Details of Buhari’s meeting with Niger Delta traditional rulers in Aso Villa emerge