A pastor has been arrested by the Ekiti State Police Command for faking his own kidnap and planning to collect ransom from church members.
Rev. Peter Adegoke Adewuyi, a priest in a Methodist Church was arrested alongside one Sunday Oluwadare Adewole who helped in making calls to unsuspecting members of the public to demand ransom.
Report say the pastor, 31, lodged in a hotel in Ado-Ekiti from public view. He and his accomplices operated from the hide out where they made calls to members of the public to pay ransom for his release.
Claiming that his ‘captors’ demanded N3 million ‘ransom’ before he could regain his freedom, his church members were thrown into confusion and raising cash to free him.
His kidnap plan was busted by the police who arrested holder of the phone with GSM Number: 09078589516, with which the N3 million ransom was being demanded.
The priest was then tracked to a location near First Bank in Okeyinmi area of Ado Ekiti, where he went to pick the ransom.
The two suspects are presently being detained at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) of the State Police Headquarters. During interrogation, the pastor confessed to staging his own kidnap.
- Police arrest Enugu pastor for allegedly impregnating 20 church members
- Mother of three arrested after staging her own kidnap with boyfriend
- Timi Dakolo Shades COZA Pastor Fatoyinbo For Having Affairs With Church Members
- Housewife fakes her 10-year-old son’s kidnap, seek N500K ransom from husband
- Despite Collecting N1.4m Ransom, Gunmen Refuse To Release Abducted Abuja Policemen