The Lagos state police is currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 40-year-old man whose corpse was dumped along Martins street Igbo Elerin area of Okokomaiko, Lagos state with some body parts missing.
A statement released by the state police command, Bala Elkana, says at about 8.45am yesterday June 15th, men of the Okoko Police Station received an information that a sack suspected to contain human corpse was sighted along Martins Street Igbo Elerin.
Homicide detectives were immediately drafted to the scene.
The sack with blood stains contained the remains of a Male victim of about 40years old. The severed body parts found includes, head, left hand, back side lap was slashed off and taken away. The corpse was removed and deposited at the mortuary for autopsy.
Bala added that the state Commissioner of Police, CP Zubairu Muazu, has ordered the State Criminal Investigation Department to take over the investigation in order the unravel the circumstances surrounding the gruesome murder and apprehend those behind the heinous crime. He called on members of the Public with useful information about the incident to contact the Police.
- Six-year-old Boy found dead inside neighbor’s freezer in Lagos (Video)
- Prophet Woli Arole kills housewife lured via Facebook for money ritual
- Dismissed police officer nabbed for gun-running
- 22-year-old domestic staff murders his employer and her mother 24 hours after he was employed in Lagos
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS Female student found dead in her hostel