One person has been declared missing after a speed boat conveying roofing materials capsized at the Ibasa waterfront in Lagos on the 15th of June.
A statement from the Lagos state police command reads:
At about 12.00noon, a speed Boat with inscription ‘OMOMUMMY MARINE’ mounted with 70HP Yamaha engine, operated by one Muri Jimoh, with two passengers on board, capsized at Ibasa waterfront due to heavy wave, while conveying roofing materials from Ijegun to Ibasa.
Consequently, the victims overboarded and got drowned.
However, two of the victims were rescued alive by a team of Marine Policemen patrolling the waterways.
One of the victims, a 32-year-old man identified as Rasaki is still missing. Search and rescue operation is still ongoing to rescue him alive.
- Brazilian model Caroline Bittencourt drowns in sea while saving puppies
- FSARS operatives allegedly pursue 10 teenagers into Lagos Lagoon
- Woman dies after vehicle plunges into Ogun River
- Six feared dead as building collapsed in Anambra State
- Police rescue 5 Chinese and 22 others from kidnappers in Kaduna State