Two pregnant women have lost their lives in a fatal flood that swept some parts of Zinariya community in Jos.
It was gathered that the victims who were asleep when the rain-soaked up the foundation of the building and collapsed it caused the victims to drown in the collapsed building.
The fatal flood, which resulted from several days of downpour, also brought down nine houses.
According to Sani Bello, a relation of the victims
The water washed the bodies of the three deceased away.
“My pregnant elder sister, who was on a visit from Naraguta, a nearby community, was among the people washed away by the flood.
“We have found her body and buried it. There is also a lady with a broken leg who has been taken to the hospital.
“Another victim, one Ibrahim, who is seven years old, also sustained injuries and has been taken to the hospital,” he said.
Some of the victims lost practically everything.
- #Junglejustice: Man Wrongly Accused Of Stealing Phone Killed; Body Thrown Into Lagoon
- Lady narrates how she almost died because of birth control
- Six feared dead as building collapsed in Anambra State
- Lagosians pay N50 to cross flooded road after heavy rainfall
- 3 missing children found dead inside parked car