Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has revealed that the present administration has invested N900 billion in the power sector since assuming power in 2015.
Osinbajo made his known while speaking during his courtesy visit to Chike Edozien, the Asagba of Asaba, on Friday.
In his words;
”Since assumption of office, we have invested so far in terms of support N700 billion in the power sector. Earlier, we invested N200 billion,” he said.
”And now we are saying that any company that wants to provide power to any territory, should be able to provide power for the territory and the people. We have been able to break the existing monopoly in the power sector. Whether upgrade or not, the DisCos should be able to serve the people. Another strategy we are trying to introduce is to open up the power sector by restructuring”, he added.
- Buhari Scores Self Low On Power Sector, ‘Says Our Best Not Good Enough’
- UBA Asks Court To Close Down Sahara Energy Over KEPCO’s N15bn Loan
- Fashola was set up to fail as Minister – Davido’s brother, Adewale Adeleke
- Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo forced to speak with Abuja residents after they blocked his convoy on his way to the airport
- Presidency: Buhari Has Done Nothing Wrong By Travelling To London