Abubakar Tsav, a former Commissioner of Police in Lagos State has accused politicians of backing bandits and insecurity across the country.
According to the former police chief who spoke to journalists from his Makurdi home, these politicians know who these bandits are and why they are carrying out their attacks.
“Banditry and insecurity are created by politicians and the politicians know who the bandits are. They know why these people are doing this. I want to appeal to our political class to have a change of heart and cooperate with security agencies to reduce criminality in the land. “If the police are courageous enough to search houses and monitor activities of politicians, you will see what they will recover from them.”
- Lagos Records Over 70% Of Nigeria's Vehicular Traffic
- ‘Nigeria Is Very Insecure’ – Catholic Bishops
- Rivers State Governor,to give N30m Reward to Anyone with information that’ll lead to notorious criminal, Bobrisky’s Arrest
- Gunmen Emerge From Bush, Open Fire On Police At Checkpoint, Kill One
- Buhari vs Atiku: Security beefed up at Appeal Court As PET Is Set to Deliver Verdict