The Supreme Court of Nigeria has cautioned President Muhammadu Buhari against using the lawyer paid by the federal government in the ongoing litigation between himself and the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) at the election tribunal.
Justice Mary Odili, the Supreme Court Judge, while cautioning Buhari for using Abdullahi Abubakar, a senior lawyer at the Ministry of Justice, said when former President of the United States, Bill Clinton, was sued, he used his personal funds to defend himself in court and not the state’s funds.
“The representation of Mr. Buhari by the Senior State Counsel of the Ministry of Justice in his personal capacity and not as Nigerian President is inappropriate.”
- Atiku vs Buhari: Atiku’s lawyers absent at Supreme Court
- Atiku/Buhari :- Supreme Court justifies ruling
- Presidential Tribunal: Atiku Told To Forget Appeal, Support Buhari
- President Muhammadu Buhari Signs Bill Changing the Nigeria Prisons Service (NPS) to Nigerian Correctional Service
- Suspect on FBI List, Emmanuel Oluwatosin forfeits house, cars, jailed for two years