The Nation reports that the Federal Government has approved construction of the $5.3bn Ibadan to Kano standard gauge rail line project.
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, disclosed this on Thursday at the third Maritime Stakeholders Interactive Forum.
He said: “Just yesterday, we got approval to complete the $5.3bn Ibadan to Kano rail project.
“We have also applied for funding to commence coastal rail for the Port Harcourt to Warri segment.”
- Nigeria is used to chop I chop politics – Amaechi
- Air Peace Plane overshoots runway in Port Harcourt
- Dangote reconciles Governor Ganduje and Emir Sanusi (Photo)
- Couple arrested in Port-Harcourt after newborn baby was found in their bag
- EFCC Arrests Two more Suspects Wanted by FBI