A welder identified as Tunde Tayo who killed a commercial motorcyclist popularly known as Okada man, and harvested his vital organs including his intestine for rituals has been apprehended by men of the Niger state police command.
The arrested suspect whose house at Ungwan Roka in Maitumbi, a suburb in Bosso Local Government Area was near the shallow grave where the headless body of 25-year-old Abdullahi Sale was recovered, confessed to the crime when paraded before newsmen on Saturday, September 14.
“I beheaded and removed Sale’s intestine for ritual purposes. I even buried him in a shallow grave near my house” he said.
The arrest of the father of five came after neighbours reported the newly dug grave close to his house to the police.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Muhammad Abubakar, said the suspect admitted to the crime after everyone in the house was arrested after the headless body of the okada rider was exhumed. Tayo who said he committed the said offence because his returns as welder could not sustain his family of seven, will be charged to court when investigation has been concluded.
- Father arrested after daughter reported him to teacher for defiling her
- Prophet Woli Arole kills housewife lured via Facebook for money ritual
- 33-year-old man arrested for defiling 7-year-old girl in Sagamu (Photo)
- Man Murders ‘Stingy’ Brother In Ekiti; Steals His Motorcycle
- 5 Nigerians in Ghana arrested for raping lady in husband’s presence