Eight children (4 boys and 4 girls) who were kidnapped in Kano State in 2014, have all been recovered in Anambra State.
After the arrest of a man identified as Paul Owne, who abducted one Harlan Sagir Bako and attempted to move him to Anambra State, where he would be sold, it all got resolved.
The state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, said Bako was abducted on September 11, 2019, on his way home from Islamiyya School at Yankaba quarters, Kano. .
He said, ‘’The command’s tactical team of Operation Puff Adder attached to the anti-kidnapping squad was detailed for discreet investigation in the course of which the suspects were arrested..
After the arrest, they confessed to have conspired among themselves and abducted various children from areas like Saunathe suspects arrested are Paul Owne, Mercy Paul, Emmanuel Igwe, Ebere Ogbodo, Monica Orachaa and Louisa Duru., Kwanar Jaba, Kawo, Hotoro Yankaba and Dakata quarters all within the Kano metropolis.’’ .
The formerly kidnapped and now rescued children from Kano are Umar Faruq Ibrahim, 10 (male); renamed as Onyedika Ogbodo; Aisha Moh’d Abdullahi, 9 (female), renamed as Ozioma Ogbodo; Usman Mohammed, 5, (male); Amira Auwalu, 4 (female) and Husna Salisu, 4 (female). .
Others were Blessing Ogbodo, 10 (female); Chiazozie Ogbodo, 11 (male); Chiemerie Ogbodo, 6 (male). The kids have since been reunited with their respective family members.
- 11-year-old boy kidnapped in Kano state, found after 5 years, in Anambra State
- Childhood friend Kidnapped and killed her Friend’s 8-year-old daughter over Failure to Pay Ransom
- Four men arrested for gang-raping, black-mailing a girl in Anambra
- Police nabs notorious armed robbery syndicate in Katsina after gun battle (Photo)
- Police rescue abducted ACP, arrest two suspects