Former heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, will face Andy Ruiz for the second leg of their showdown to hold in Saudi Arabia on December 7.
With barely five days to the much-anticipated rematch, a report from Saudi Arabia has confirmed that the British-Nigerian born fighter will rake in a staggering $85 million whether he wins or loses the fight.
The rematch, dubbed clash of the dunes, was scheduled to hold in Cardiff City after Joshua triggered a rematch clause in his contract with Ruiz’s promoters.
Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua II, billed as Clash On The Dunes, is an upcoming heavyweight professional boxing rematch between the Mexican-American . the unified WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight world titles.
Date- Saturday, 7 December, 2019
Location: Ad Diriyah, Saudi Arabia pic.twitter.com/TmobEHBcQU
— Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua II 2019 (@joshuavsruizII) December 2, 2019
But in a sudden turn of event, the oil-producing Arab nation toed in with a massive offer with promise to build a 15,000 capacity stadium where the fight will hold.
And Riyadh Newsflash, a popular media outlet in Saudi has reported that the British born Nigerian heavyweight star will fall in fortune of whopping $85 million should he lose or win.
Current heavyweight champion, Andy Ruiz Jr, is reported to scoop $13m after the much-anticipated fight, DailyMail reports quoting Riyagh Newsflash.
— BoxingScene.com (@boxingscene) October 13, 2019
“The purses for Saturday night’s world heavyweight championship rematch in Saudi Arabia are reported to be — Anthony Joshua $85million, Andy Ruiz Jnr $13m,” the paper reports.
- “Andy Ruiz is good but he can’t beat me twice” – Anthony Joshua
- Andy Ruiz Jr Has Refused to sign off on the Rematch with Anthony Joshua Demands More Money To Agree
- Senator Ben Bruce calls on President Buhari to support Anthony Joshua ahead of his rematch with Ruiz
- Anthony Joshua’s Rematch Fully Agreed To Take Place In Saudi Arabia On December 7
- Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz: Wilder Predicts Winner Of Rematch