The Chief Priest of Rumuji Community in Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers State simply identified as Ewuyeozi, and a young man called Marshall, have been killed in a reprisal attack in the area.
The killing of the community’s Chief Priest occurred barely 24 hours after the murder of three members of a local vigilante group and another person.
Daily Sun gathered that the slain Chief Priest was alleged to have sponsored his son, who was among the masterminds of the killing of three members of Rundele Odogu Security Peace and Adversary Committee (ROSPAC), and a motorcycle rider in Rumuodogo community.
Marshall was alleged to be an informant to the hoodlums.
A community source, who craved anonymity, confirmed the incident to our correspondent.
He said after the corpses of the murdered local vigilantes were brought back to their camp at Rumuji, some individuals invaded the home of the Chief Priest and Marshall, who was said to be undergoing ROSPAC training, and killed them.
The source said, although the area was calm, security agencies and members of Onelga Security Peace and Advisory Committee (OSPAC) and ROSPAC were patrolling around the communities
It would be recalled that on Monday suspected members of a cult gang operating in the area, reportedly laid an ambush against three members of ROSPAC and an Okada (rickshaw) rider and shot them dead.
- Private parts of atleast 17 men and women allegedly goes missing in Benue
- Teenage Armed Robber Caught And Tied With Rope By Vigilante In Rivers State (Photos)
- [Graphic Photo] All Progressives Congress, APC Vice Chairman,4 others Shot Dead In Rivers State
- Mourning as Catholic Priest in Enugu Killed By Unidentified Gunmen Finally Layed to Rest
- [Graphic Photos] kidnapper and Notorious Armed Robber, Abacha Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt