23-year-old teacher and single mother, Omolola Ajayi who was trafficked to Lebanon has been rescued by the Nigerian government after the lady’s video for help went viral.
Nigerians in Diaspora Commission who confirmed the rescue of Ajayi from the home of her “master” she was sold to, revealed she is now in Beirut with the Nigerian Ambassador to Lebanon.
NIDCOM Chairman, Abike Dabiri-Erewa tweeted;
Breaking news. Update on the viral video of trafficked Nigerian girl in Lebanon. She is now happily in the hands of the Nigerian Amb in Beirut , received warmly and happy to be in safe hands. She will be home soon by Gods grace.
The alleged trafficker has been arrested and will be handed over to NAPTIP.The family of the lady have been traced ..Kwara Gov is personally on the matter. All hands on deck to ensure the trafficked lady returns
Today I received confirmation that Ms Ajayi Omolola, one of my constituents who was being held against her will in an unfortunate situation in Lebanon has been successfully rescued and is now with the Nigerian Consulate in Lebanon. She will be reunited with her family in the not pic.twitter.com/voLks9FZaw
— Dr. Ibrahim Oloriegbe (@official_IYO) January 13, 2020
We thank you sir for your leadership on this matter. https://t.co/gmBIs8ts4K
— Abike Dabiri-Erewa (@abikedabiri) January 13, 2020
- Presidency reacts to Cardi B plan to acquire Nigerian citizenship
- Abike Dabiri-Erewa calls out Alawode-James OlaJumoke for criticizing President Buhari
- #Xenophobia: Abike Dabiri receives 187 Nigerians from S. Africa
- Xenophobia: Ogun Has Highest Number Of Returnees
- Abike Dabiri-Erewa Reveals Billions Of Dollars Nigerians Abroad Remitted In 2019