Fourteen suspected gays and twelve rapists were been arrested by Hisbah officials in the year 2019, across the 27 local government, Jigawa state Hisbah Board said.
Ibrahim Dahiru Garki, Jigawa State Hisbah commandant confirmed the arrest at the Board’s headquarters in Dutse.
In an interview with DAILY POST, he stated that the the arrests were made from January to December 2019.
The organization had also arrested over 200 prostitutes and 20 persons allegedly engaging in fornication during the period under review, Garki said.
14 abandoned new born babies were also discovered by the Hisbah board in 2019, he added.
All the suspects arrested were handed over to police for prosecution in relevant courts of law, he said.
- Jigawa state Assembly member dies in Dubai
- Over 50 alleged homosexuals arrested during orgy in Kano State
- Vigilante member kills 17-year-old boy in Aba
- Nigeria secured highest convictions globally in 2019 – Lai Mohammed
- Nigerian Police Fires Officer For Stealing TV Set, Pair Of Shoes