Floyd Mayweather has stated that he didn’t really train hard while preparing for his 2017 mega-fight with Irish UFC champion, Conor McGregor.
The bout ended in a 10th-round TKO victory for Mayweather who picked up his 50th win out of 50 fights in his entire professional career.
Speaking in an interview with Drink Champs, the American undefeated champion admitted that he ‘didn’t really train’ before his fight with McGregor. he said;
‘All I did was do pushups and situps. That’s all I did. Pushups and situps, box a few times, hit the bag a few times. Because, actually, the training camp was in different places.’
‘I would do a training camp in Vegas a few days. Sometimes I wouldn’t go to the gym for a week.
‘I took it serious. Like I said before, I wanted to have some fun in the fight. I wanted to entertain the people.’
Floyd Mayweather reportedly earned £211million for the Las Vegas bout.
- Floyd Mayweather Buys A Brand New G-Wagon For His 19-Year-Old Daughter As Christmas Gift (Photos)
- ‘Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury are the best in the world, but I’d beat them’ – Anthony Joshua says
- The car Tupac was shot dead in is being actioned for $1.75million
- Victor Moses Returns To England
- Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury trade insults and threaten each other ahead of rematch (video)