In an announcement made by the state Commissioner for Education, Folashade Adefisayo, the state government said it is now important to keep children and their teachers from getting exposed to the pandemic.
See the statement below:
It is important for parents to ensure that their children practise ‘social distancing’ while at home, wash their hands regularly or use hand sanitizers and observe high standards of personal hygiene. Children should be encouraged to remain at home. The closure is not intended to create panic but to arrest the spread of the disease, which has become a global threat.
The statement added that the Incident Command Centre, headed by the Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who is the Incident Commander, will continue to trace all contacts of the identified cases and encourages anyone who has information about suspected cases to report to the nearest hospital or call the emergency telephone numbers 08023169485, 08033565529, 08052817243 and 08023401214.
- Breaking News: Lagos Discharges 26 COVID-19 Patients
- COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Is Responding To Treatment – Commissioner For Health, Akin Abayomi Reveals
- Lagos schools to reopen September 14 – Sanwo-Olu
- Lagos Reveals Date Churches, Mosques Should Reopen, Schools Remain Closed
- 48 More Patients Recover From COVID-19 In Lagos