President Muhammadu Buhari
The federal government has revealed locations where the newly approved federal colleges of education will be sited.
The announcement was made in a Twitter post by the federal ministry of education.
“The attention of the Federal Ministry of Education has been drawn to the mutilation of official correspondence between the Federal Ministry of Education and the Government of Osun state over the location of the newly approved Federal College of Education in the state, which has been widely circulated in the social and conventional media.
The Federal Ministry of Education therefore wishes to clarify the locations of the Colleges as follows:-
S/N State Location
1. BAUCHI JAMA’ARE IN JAMA’ARE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
2. BENUE ODUGBO IN APA LOCAL GOVERNMENT
3. EBONYI ISU IN ONICHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT
4. EDO EKIADOLOR IN OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT
5. OSUN IWO IN IWO LOCAL GOVERNMENT
6. SOKOTO GIDAN MADI IN TANGAZA LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Letters to this effect have already gone to the relevant Governors, while a Technical Team from the Federal Ministry of Education (FME) and the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) will be visiting the benefitting states to inspect and assess the sites in the coming weeks, all in preparation for the take-off of the Colleges in October 2020.
Ben Bem Goong
Director (Press & PR
Federal Ministry of Education
18th May, 2020
- COVID19: We will not be shutting down our schools, both public and private- Cross Rivers Govt
- COVID-19: FG Speaks On Reopening Schools Nationwide
- COVID-19: Governor of Sokoto State, Tambuwal orders closure of inter-state routes
- ‘School feeding programme will continue despite closure of schools’ – Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Farouq
- COVID-19: FG Reveals List Of States To Be Used For WHO Drug Trials