Despite having the second highest COVID-19 cases in the country, social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano on Sunday morning.
Kano currently has 883 COVID-19 cases, the second highest in the country.
During the prayers, religious faithful clustered behind what appeared to be a glass partition.
While Abdullahi Ganduje, the governor, and those around him sat apart, though not up to two meters as recommended by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), the people behind the partition were close to one another.
Photos of the Eid prayers were posted by Salihu Tanko Yakasai, media aide of the governor.
See them below:
- Nigeria record 339 new cases of coronavirus (COVID-19), 139 in Lagos
- Confusion as Gov Gaduje reports 74 new cases of coronavirus in Kano while NCDC reports 4
- Coronavirus: Total number of confirmed cases in Nigeria hits 4151 with 239 new cases
- 245 new cases of coronavirus recorded in Nigeria- See breakdown by states
- Coronavirus: Nigeria records 49 new cases, 2 more deaths