Chairman of Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic, ASUP, Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Chapter, Akpituren Mogbeyi has died in a ghastly motor accident.
It was gathered that the lecturer, popularly known as Mr America, who drove in a Toyota Highlander jeep, died on Sunday afternoon after he collided with a truck along the Ogwashi-Uku/Asaba expressway.
The Public Relations Officer of the Delta Polytechnic, Mr Boniface Ogarayen, who confirmed the news, described the death as sad and painful.
Until his death, the deceased was a lecturer at the Department of Civil Engineering Department in the polytechnic. He was very active in Students Union activities and was also one of the patrons of National Association of Itsekiri Students(NAIS) and National Association of Aniocha-Oshimili Students (NAAOS) DSPZ Chapter respectively, and also a Senior Staff Adviser to the Man’O’War Command in DSPZ.
- Two Staff Of Federal Polytechnic Ekiti State Get Electrocuted While On Duty
- Dead UNN lecturer called out for allegedly engaging in sex for grades
- Unbelievable! How A Young Man Suddenly Died On His Wedding Day In Jos
- University Of Minnesota Cuts Ties With Minneapolis Police Department Following George Floyd’s Death
- Gunmen Storm UNIJOS Staff Quarters, Kill Lecturer, Kidnap Six-Year-Old Daughter