Buildings have been destroyed, malls have been looted as protesters cause chaos in Minneapolis in reaction of George Floyd’s death.
Videos shared online show rioters stripping store shelves bare and making away with goods. They also set fire to stores and tried to break into a bank.
Rioters also sprayed graffiti on the walls of Wendy’s and tried to bust open an ATM, as many ignored pleas from the Floyd family’s lawyer and Minnesota Governor Walz to protest peacefully Wednesday night.
Footage on social media showed car parts company AutoZone up in flames as people were seen hurling rocks through its windows.
At the Target store near the site of Floyd’s murder, the inside of the store lay in ruins. The shop had been emptied by protesters and the remaining merchandise is seen flung across the floor.
Some protesters wreaked havoc on the police precinct, pushing over barriers and smashing up the site’s windows.
The protests across the city come after George Floyd, a 46-year-old father-of-two, was killed when a police officer knelt on his neck for over 6 minutes while arresting him.
The 4 officers involved in his death have been fired but protesters are calling for them to be prosecuted.
See photos below;
- Donald Trump threatens to shoot looters at George Floyd protest in Minneapolis
- #GeorgeFloyd: Rioters Burn Down Police Building As Protests Spread In America
- George Floyd’s 6-year-old daughter offered full scholarship to Texas Southern University
- George Floyd Protest: Trump Reacts After Looters Killed Retired Police Captain
- After Donating $2m To Families Of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery, Kanye West Leads Protesters To March Round Streets Of Chicago (Photos)