Canadian gospel singer, Jonathan Steingard who grew up in a Christian home and as a Pastor’s kid, has revealed why he no longer believes in God.
The singer also revealed that before going public with his belief, he had private conversations with trusted friends and was shocked to find out that his thoughts is also shared by a number of people with the visible positions in the Christian circle.
He also hinted on no longer playing gospel music as he and his bandmates have all found other jobs to focus on for the time being.
I’ve been terrified to post this for a while – but it feels like it’s time for me to be honest. I hope this is not the end of the conversation, but the beginning. I hope this is encouraging to people who might feel the same but are as afraid to speak as I am. I want to be open. I want to be transparent with you all – and also open to having my heart changed in the future. I am not looking for a debate at all – just a chance to share my story in the hopes some good can come from it. I love you all.
Steingard originally joined Hawk Nelson in 2004 as its lead guitarist, and became the lead vocalist after founder Jason Dunn’s exit from the band in 2012.
- Kelly Rowland: My Husband Is No Longer My Manager; And I Went Broke!
- Don’t waste people’s time if you don’t love them – Johnny Drille
- #WeMissDavido: Fans beg singer to return to social media
- Davido is healing well, his leg is not broken – Manager, Asa Asika
- Sexual Assault: Ladies recount their experience with Bollylomo