Three suspected cultists who allegedly killed a cult leader and buried his body hurriedly have been arrested in lgbokoda area of Ondo state.
The cultists were having a bloody supremacy clash when the cult leader was killed. According to Vanguard, the deceased, who was reportedly hacked to death in a bush, was hurriedly buried by his killers to cover up the crime.
The rival clash between the two cult groups in Zion area, Igbokoda, the headquarters of the council area caused tension and anxiety in the community. A Police source disclosed that the corpse that was buried by the suspected killers has been exhumed.
“The cult members killed the member of another rival cult group in Igbokoda and everywhere became tensed.
“The leader and his friend were abducted by the cult group around Larada Street in Igbokoda.
“His friend escaped with serious injuries but the deceased was not lucky as they shot and hacked him to death in the bush,”
The state police spokesperson Mr Tee-Leo Ikoro when contacted, said that the three suspects were in the custody of the State Criminal Investigation Department of the command undergoing interrogation.
” We have commenced an investigation into the matter and the suspects would be charged to court if found culpable,” Ikoro said.
- ‘I’ve Killed About Five People, But I Am Now Born Again’ – Cult Leader Pleads
- Young man hacked to death by cultists in Delta state (Graphic photos)
- Photos of the 3 UNIPORT Students killed and buried in a shallow grave by kidnappers
- Four suspects arrested for allegedly killing a 16 year old house girl in Lagos (photo)
- Photo Of Governor Ayade’s Aide Killed By Cultists In Calabar