Following the arrest of Nigerian Instagram celebrity, Hushpuppi, the chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Abike Dabiri Erewa has said that not all Nigerians abroad are in to fraud activities.
Dabiri-Erewa was reacting to a fraud allegation levelled against Ramoni Igbalode, aka Ray Hushpuppi by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
We had earlier reported that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission said it was working with the FBI to trace the victims of the suspect. “Nigeria’s most-wanted hacker, Ramoni Igbalode, alias Ray hushpuppi, recently arrested by the International Police and the FBI, has considerable cases of cybercrimes being investigated by the EFCC.
Reacting on Thursday via Twitter, the NIDCOM boss wrote, “Allegations against Ramoni Igbalode aka Hushpuppi running into millions in fraud. I stress again, not a yardstick to judge Nigerians excelling abroad. One bad apple should indeed not spoil the whole bunch.”
Also, the Commission wrote, “We await EFCC’s further and thorough investigation as well as further updates on the case. We advise and urge Nigerians abroad to be law-abiding citizens, be good ambassadors, and not tarnish the image of the country.”
- ”Committing crime and still having the audacity to show off”- Abike Dabiri-Erewa reacts to Hushpuppi arrest
- Hushpuppi is Nigeria’s most-wanted hacker — EFCC
- See Ibrahim Magu reaction to Hushpuppi’s arrest
- Hushpuppi’s alleged arrest: “Never mock anyone cause you don’t know tomorrow” – Mompha reacts
- Hushpuppi to be extradited to Nigeria — Interpol