Olabode Oluwaseun has been arraigned
A 47-year old man, Olabode Oluwaseun who allegedly killed his wife, Blessing and their unborn baby to death has been arraigned in court.
It was gathered that Olabode hit his late wife on the abdomen, which led to her death and her unborn child.
The accused, who was arraigned on a one-count charge before an Akure Magistrate Court, was alleged to have committed the crime on April 3 at No 56 Oke-Agba area in Akure.
It was alleged he hit her right side of the abdomen resulting to the death of the unborn child and the mother.
Police Prosecutor, Inspector Uloh Goodluck, informed the court the offence was punishable under Section 319 (1) of the Criminal Code Cap 36 Volume 1 Laws of Ondo State.
Uloh said the case was a case of murder and urged the court to remand Olabode to police custody pending legal advice from the Department of Public Prosecution.
Counsel to Olabode, A. Ololike, did not oppose application for a remand order.
Presiding Magistrate, N. T Aladejana, ordered Olabode remanded in police custody pending legal advice from the DPP.
He adjourned the case to September 8 for mentioning.
- How Two Cemetery Workers Exhumed And Cut Off Heads Of Dead Bodies In Ondo
- Couple who drilled a nail into the head of their 10-year-old maid remanded in prison (photos)
- Three Men Arrested For Exhuming 10 Corpses And Beheading Them For Ritual Purposes
- Court remands two men for allegedly stealing eggs in Lagos
- Killer of Air Force Officer, Tolu Arotile pleads not guilty in court